Tuesday, March 19, 2013

All Natural Deodorant


1/4 cup Baking Soda
1/4 cup Cornstarch
6 tbsp coconut oil
12-15 drops Essential Oil
1 tsp Vitamin E Oil



 Slightly heat up your coconut oil enough just to melt it, you don't want it hot. While that's heating up, mix baking soda, cornstarch, vitamin E oil, and essential oil/s of your choice ( i use 3 drops of peppermint oil - because it keeps you cool, and 10 drops Citrus Fresh oil - because the smell is wonderful ). When coconut oil is melted add immediately to bowl with other ingredients and mix well and pretty quickly, this recipe gets hard fairly quickly. Crank down an empty deodorant bottle all the way and pour in mixture, cap, and refrigerate. Coconut oil becomes liquid at any temperature over room temp so it best to keep refrigerated, it softens immediately when added to your armpit! It must be hot up in there!


The info behind why I use these ingredients, I've played with a few recipes and decided this is the combo I like best. I have eczema and the coconut oil and vitamin E oil, help keep it away under my arms, so it's wonderful for your skin. Baking soda is a pH balancer for your skin. Some added benefits that I haven't already mentioned about peppermint oil are that it can improve your concentration and mental sharpness, help as a appetite suppressant, it may also restore digestive efficiency and helps support the liver and respiratory systems ( sweet added bonus ). Citrus fresh in addition to what I mentioned above also is a relaxing, calming oil. It brings about a sense of well-being, creativity, and feelings of joy, and has powerful antioxidants. I know your thinking, I'm just putting this under my arms, it can't have these benefits. Wrong! Anything we put on our skin, goes into our bloodstream, which is why it's so important to use all natural products internally and externally. I hope you find yourself with delicious healthy smelling armpits :)


Note: I was nervous the first time I shaved and used my new deodorant immediately after that it would burn like so many others have, especially with the peppermint. Nope, it was the most soothing I have ever felt under those pits after a shave :)

No comments:

Post a Comment