Saturday, June 15, 2013

All Natural Homemade Toothpaste

It is amazing to me how many chemicals are in our household products today. I was once told, "never put on your skin, what you can't put in your mouth". Good advice because 60% soaks into your skin and goes directly into your blood stream. Take a minute to think and look around your house at all the chemicals you are putting in your body. Don't think it matters, your right. Probably not today, but in your future it will harm you. Did you know that morticians use half the amount of embalming fluid they used to because most bodies are already preserved on the inside due to the amount of formaldehyde in products they consumed over their lifetime. Pretty scary isn't it. Think about the things you put in your mouth like toothpaste and mouthwash. Check your toothpaste for sodium lauryl sulfate. This sulfate is very harsh and can cause damage to the inner gum tissue. Mouth washes can be harmful or fatal if swallowed, that alone scares me. I don't want my son ingesting that, nor my husband or myself. Chemicals found in toothpaste and mouthwash have been linked to tooth disease, cancer, blindness, renal or kidney failure, and even death. Some brands have enough fluoride in the 4 ounce tube to kill a small child within two to four hours. Do I have your attention yet. I sure hope so. Ammonia, formaldehyde, and hydrogen peroxide are common ingredients in mouthwash. Other ingredients harmful include, triclosan, FD&C Blue Dye #1 and 2, and hydrated silica. These ingredients have been found to be harmful to humans. So next time you go to brush your teeth and rinse, you might want an organic brand or a homemade version instead, huh? I know I do. Read below for my recipe!


Recipe:

3 Tbsp Baking Soda
3 Tbsp Filtered Water
5 Drops Peppermint Oil
5 Drops Thieves Oil (optional)
Half Pint Mason Jar

I add 1 tbsp baking soda and 1 tbsp of water at a time and mix in half pint mason jar. It makes it so much easier to mix this way, but you can add all 3 at a time if you want. Then I add my Peppermint Oil and Thieves Oil ( I find my oils here, Member #1227706 ). I use Peppermint Oil because it is Anti-Inflammatory, Anti-turmoral, Anti-parasitic, Antibacterial, Antiviral, Anti-fungal, a gallbladder/digestive stimulant, Pain relieving, and curbs appetite, also helps aid in Cold Sores, Nausea, Headaches, Viral Infections, and Respiratory Infections. It's my go to Oil for almost everything. (it's always in my purse) Thieves is also an amazing Oil, it is a blend of highly antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-infectiours essential oils including: Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary. You can see why I use this in my mouth, I wanna kill all the germs possible. It leaves my mouth feeling wonderfully clean, more so than any other toothpaste I've used, as well as my gingivitis is gone :)

A great organic brand I use is Young Living, although homemade works well too, and is super cheap. I really like my recipe. Check out my HOMEMADE section to find product recipes to make for yourself and your family.


If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health care professional prior to use. Keep out of reach of children, supervise children's use. And remember I am not a doctor, these are just my recipes or ones I've found work well for myself, my family, and my health.





Info found at the following sites and books:
The Safe Shoppers Bible
Down with Basics.com
Youngliving.com
Essential Oil desk reference Fifth Edition
Additional knowledge from Certification and College Degree

No comments:

Post a Comment