Saturday, July 20, 2013

Our Birth Story - The Arrival of Baby Cole

Since the beginning of time people have been saying "The Gift of Birth, is the greatest gift of all," and "You never know love, until you have a child." Both true. More true than I ever knew it could be. At 5:41pm on June 17th, I found out how much I could love something, someone so innocent, new, and perfect, someone my husband and I created, and couldn't exist without either one of us, one different gene and my little Cole would not be the same child. It's amazing and breathtaking how such a small little person can put you under this spell. I will do anything in my power to keep him safe, give him what he needs, and love him with all my heart. The first few days of his precious life, I did not sleep. He would feed constantly, and fall asleep a small amount of time in between. The second you would lay him down in the hospital crib he would wake and scream until I held him again. He wanted to be with me at all times. So I sat and breastfeed him into sleep and let him sleep, so peacefully, while I lay awake for days. I can't even tell you if I slept at all while in the hospital. But he did, and that what was mattered to me. This little guy is my world.


Proud Parents of Cole Lee, Born June 17th, 2013 @ 5:41pm
7lbs 9.6oz and 18.5"
My Parents with their first Grandbaby!
My Husband's Parents with their second Grandbaby, but first with their last name :)
Uncle Nate & Aunt Tiffany
Big Cousin Logan, Uncle Steve, & Aunt Amy
Auntie Jennifer

Coming Home 
Uncle Scott & Aunt Amy came to visit from KC
Aspen likes to babysit, Cali & Rio think Cole is interesting but not enough to get to close for a picture yet


No comments:

Post a Comment