Saturday, March 8, 2014

Oatmeal Muffins

I always have good intentions when I wake up, to cook oatmeal or whip up a deliciously healthy smoothie. However, the second I step out of bed, my little stinker screams if I set him down. I've tried wraps, swings, exersaucer, music, nothing but mommies arms and full attention is what this kid wants. So I had to create a quick and easy solution for those days he just can't handle mommy being away from him for 5 minutes. I had a little bit of buttermilk left from our homemade butter I made my hubby and the perfect recipe in mind. These yummy muffins are perfect paired with a banana for a simple.fast.breakfast.


Yields 1 dozen muffins

Ingredients
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar

      • 1 cup flour
    • 1 tsp salt

      • 1/2 tsp baking soda
        • 1 tsp baking powder
        • 1/2 cup coconut oil
      • 1 cup buttermilk
      • 1 egg (beaten)

      • Instructions
        1. Combine oats, brown sugar, flour, salt, baking soda & powder in one bowl. Combine Oil, buttermilk, and egg in second bowl. Mix both bowls together until thoroughly mixed. It will be a very thick consistency. 
        2. Pour into muffin tins lined with paper muffin cups.
        3. Bake at 400 degrees 15 – 20 minutes.


        Nutritional Info:
        1 per serving

        Calories 190
        Carbs     25g
        Fat         10g
        Protein   3g

        No comments:

        Post a Comment