Sunday, May 4, 2014

Folklore & Fairies

If you know me, you probably are pretty clued in to the fact that I live in a fantasy world. I grew up listening to the most wonderful elaborate bedtime stories about Princess Arora her Flying Horse Starfire (not a unicorn, let me make that clear, lol) and their buddies Paco, Heather, Aimee, and Melanie. They would load up their wagon with my Dad and I inside. Princess Arora on Starfire's back we would fly off into the night. Up into the clouds until we came to the Grand entrance to The Magical Kingdom. Once inside the First land we came across was The Land of Leprechan's were we would slide down beautiful rainbows landing in Large pots of Gold. All of these stories were so real in my imagination. I would fall asleep each night continuing the Story into a full on Dream world. My Dad always kept my childhood full of Whimsy and Wonder. Christmas he would shine a red light thru my window, so I was to think it was Rudolph ( it totally worked ). He would make sleigh tracks and reindeer tracks through our front yard, leaving a piece or two of half eaten carrot and celery ( thats what we left for the reindeer ). I once saw the Easter Bunny hop straight thru my yard. I was a child from a Divorced Family, my Dad knowing that my childhood would forever be changed and my innocence so easy taken away, he wanted to make absolute sure I still kept an active imagination and we always had fun. 



I was always very fascinated by fairies as a child, I had these Whimsical Little Fairy Homes that had secret passages and tiny little fairies to play with, I cherished them. ( They were Hasbro & Kenner Fairy Winkles if anyone cares ) So before I even had a Little One I knew I wanted a Fairy Garden. Now that Cole is getting to a very fascinated by dirt age, I thought now would be a good age to build us a little Fairy Garden to invite the fairies into our yard, and see, maybe  Cole will see one. Maybe!



I found these cute little Wren Houses at Joann's for $1.99sm and $6.99lg. I already had my primary color pants at home, so I blended some bright colors and started painting the house, a door, and some flowers for an extra touch. We also found some adorable mushrooms and a faux wrought iron fence perfect for such a garden. I think we did pretty good. We will continue adding little bits and pieces as he gets older, and our Fairy Story gets more involved. I'm pretty excited, I sure hope Cole is too! We will also be adding a fairy door to his bedroom soon. I want him to remember all the fun we had when he's my age, like all my memories from childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment