Monday, November 10, 2014

Being Thankful

I want to start by saying I'm GRATEFUL. I'm blessed each and every day. Throughout life I've probably not been as grateful and thankful as I am today. I know there are many people out there that have had way worse lives and they might always, and for them I am very sorry. However, when it's your life, your in that moment. You can't help but feel sorry for yourself and wish someone understood how you felt.

I've been there. I grew up with my parents divorced where my mother pretty much gave me up for a business and my father raised me, there's nothing like the feeling that a parent doesn't love you, and I never felt that Love from my mother. I was very sick for the last 21 years, and I surely wasn't grateful for that at the time. I hurt, in every way and every day. I was abused by several family members, both emotionally and physically, I definitely was not grateful for that, it was a very traumatic and difficult thing to get over. Then, one day I woke up Grateful. I found a loving and gentle, caring husband. He is the best husband and Father, and I wouldn't trade him for the world. I found Juice Plus..well actually I was introduced to it by a sweet friend of mine and now, not only am I not sick, but I feel awesome. Like completely energized, renewed, no longer on $1500 worth of prescription drugs every month...I'm thriving!!! I'm running, biking, hiking, and living my life to the fullest now. I have an amazing Father, who has always been there for me, no matter what I was needing the support for, he was there. He is an amazing Grandfather and my son's best friend. Most of all...I'm so grateful for my Son Cole.
He is my light at the end of the tunnel. No matter what the day is like, no matter who I encounter and how horrible they might have been..Cole makes everything better! I'm so grateful for my opportunity to stay home with my Cole and never miss a single second of him growing up. In a day, I see him smile at me, giggle, be amazed by the smallest of things, the way his eyes bat with those gorgeous long eyelashes as he does something he's so proud of, the way he tells me already at 16 months that he has to go to the potty. I never miss his firsts. His first steps, i saw those. His first time feeding himself, i was there for that. His first time playing an instrument and the excitement across his face and how proud of himself he was, I was there for that too...I'm there for everything and I would never be ungrateful for that. I'm the luckiest girl in the world and I'm so thankful for each and every person in my life no matter what role they play, it's important and I've learned something from each and every one of them.
I'm thankful for my Mom, who taught me to always be there for my child, to listen to him, to always encourage him, to never belittle or judge him, just love him. I'm thankful for my grandma who taught me that you should always surround yourself with ones who are supportive and positive and leave the negativities behind. I'm thankful to my abusers who taught me to always be aware and teach my kid everything in my power to never be off guard and always trust your parents enough to confide in them no matter. Above all I was taught to be thankful. Each person who has wronged me or given me hope have all taught me something, and I'm so grateful to be alive and get to share each new day being thankful for what I have and getting to teach, share, and live life with my family and friends that are all amazing people.

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous post, it's truly refreshing to see someone reflect on the amazing things they have in their life. What's more, these photos are adorable!

    ReplyDelete