Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

This year is so special..it's our last Valentine's before the baby!

So I've been a little more tires than usual, and due to some new medicine {Safe for Baby, I'm completely against med's but I was not given the choice in these circumstances :( } I have not been feeling well, a little dizzy and lightheaded, so I haven't been driving. With that in mind, I didn't know what to get Hubby for V-day! Were not big on gifts for eachother anyway, but he always gives me a little something :) Last night he took me to a German Resturant we've been wanting to try for a long while, it was a treat to try something a little different. Although not the best german food I've had outside of my families cookin, it was the best i've had here in St. Louis. So now what do i give him???
 So i remembered i had bought a ton of red felt last X-Mas for a craft and had some left over. So I cut up 20 small hearts small enough to fit in an old Jam jar, hubby's grandma had given me, and decorated the jar with some cute Wasabi Tape (from here) on the lid, some baker's twine (from here) and some stickers from my local scrapbooking store (For Keep's Sake). I put one heart in the jar, and hide the other 19 throughout the house, some in obvious spots some in not so, but i know he'll find..EX..his slippers, sock drawer, medicine cabinet, clipped to the dog leash, in the cat food container, and one in our LOVE BOOK (where we right notes to each other about holidays, and events, and just plain loving on each other (hope i didn't make you sick) lol! Anywhere i could find a surface really, no laughing at me now, hehe! Then I cut 5 big hearts and 8 medium size hearts, cut slits in the sides and threaded them on to more baker's twine and hung on our headboard. I also added a little vintage card i found at an antique store last year and forgot to give him, so i snuck that in our LOVE BOOK too! I also found a little cute round box a friend had given me a few years back for V-day and I put a little heart in there along with a ticket - redeemable for one awesome back massage for your's truly. (He loves my back massages, i use essential oils, and a heating pad), He's kinda spoiled. I sure hope he's likes his surprise, i know it's not much, but for gods sake I'm pregnant with his baby, bahaha! Have a Happy Valentine's Day



No comments:

Post a Comment