Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Skinny Apples

  Since my pregnancy started I've been having a hard time with my Blood Sugar Levels, due to a disease I have, apparently it's inevitable, and I will have Gestational Diabetes...yah for me :( I have made these before, but never realized I was going to need this recipe now. So happy I remembered these easy guys.

I have a Forman Grill for such the thing, but if you use a Grill Skillet on a outdoor Grill, it works just the same.

(Serves 1)

Ingrediants:

1 apple (Red works best)

Yup that's it...compared to fried apples which i love but barely eat because their so high in sugar. These apples use their own natural sugars to caramelize themselves, and they taste delicious and similar to fried apples, only no fat added :)

Directions:

Core and cut apple into slices about 1/4-1/2" thick. Heat your grill up and place them on for several minutes, until they start to look grilled (marks) or start to soften. I really like mine mushy so I wait until there nice and golden. It's your choice!!! It's that simple, and I'm sure you'll love them like I do, you might never make fried apples again.

I like them for lunch with my Salmon Patties (Recipe Here)

Nutrition Info:
(Serves 1 per Apple)

68 calories
17 carbs
0   fat
0   protein

No comments:

Post a Comment