Thursday, September 3, 2015

Saying Goodbye to Our First Home

          This is not the usual house tour, this is the saying goodbye house tour. My husband took on a new job and we moved right outside Green Bay, Wisconsin. We upped and moved within two weeks time. Leaving behind all of our family, the only home I've ever known, and all of my memories and friends. As scary as that sounds, I was more than willing and excited for this new opportunity to start over. 

OUR LAST TIME AT THE HOUSE


    This was my first home, our first home. Back in 1982 my parents bought this home, I was born there. Raised there, and then Back in 2010 my husband and I bought my childhood home from my Father who wanted to have less responsibility. My husband loving yard work and my love for decorating and in home repair and design seemed like it would be a fun task to fix the 1946 Colonial Ranch up. In 2013 we had our little Cole man and he shared the same room that was once mine when I was a little girl. 

Living Room & Foyer
This home is not the decorated house it was my whole life, because this is the staging phase. However, we just closed and it now belongs to someone else. 30 Years of memories and it's all gone. Oddly, enough I was not sad, but glad to have get rid of all the negative emotions that took their tole on my life in that home. My parents got divorced in that home, and it always had a very negative vibe since that time. What in the world was I thinking when we bought it. The only thing that was weird was taking down my Wedding Dress out of my childhood closest that had hung there for my entire life. It was my Mother's Wedding dress before me. Leaving the home empty was a regretful feeling but that quickly faded on our trip back home to Green Bay. That changed so fast, right? I now call Wisconsin home. We have Wisconsin license plates, drivers licenses, and we will be closing on our New Home in exactly a month from Today!!!! I can't wait to give you the new house tour. But until then, here is the home I grew up in and I called home for my entire life thus far. 

 My office & studio space
 Dinning Room
 Kitchen
 Cole's Room ( My childhood bedroom )
 Our Bedroom
 Bathroom

 Basement


 Deck
 Garden

Cole & I sledding this past winter


Aspen guarding her yard

Aspen playing in the snow


My Mom pregnant with me and Myself pregnant with Cole in the same spot in our yard
This was the day before I gave birth to Cole

The girls playing in the spring draft


No comments:

Post a Comment