Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Strawberry Key Lime Cheesecake


Let me just tell you! I have never made a cake, cheesecake, or pie in my life (besides the raw ones)! So when I started out making this cheesecake I had no idea how it would come out, what I was doing, or if anyone other than me would eat it! So when this bad boy was served up. YUM! That's all I can say! I was pretty proud of myself. This was my first attempt at a RAW Vegan Cheesecake and I will definitely be making more in my future. Especially, now that I understand more and more of raw technique's. The next one will be completely nut free, as I don't I consume a diet low in fats and proteins, and high in Carbs. But one piece every now and then is like having a super guilty piece of cake, but!!!!!!! It's healthy! Tricked those taste buds! They thought they were getting something bad! Hahahahaha~that was with an evil laugh, in case you couldn't tell :) If you'd like to see what I make on a daily basis check out my instagram @elle_helgeson or our Facebook Page Here. And if you make any of the recipe shown on our blog or you make your own awesome recipes hashtag #fuelyourmove so I can check them out! So here's the recipe below vvvvv



RECIPE

Crust:
2 cups pitted Medjool Dates
1 cup Almonds
1 tbsp Natural Sweetener (agave, maple syrup, honey{non-Vegan}
1/4 - 1/2 tbsp cinnamon

Process until it starts to ball up. Line a small pie pan or cupcake pan for mini pies with wax paper. Press dough into pan until evenly spread. I use a thickness of about 1/4". Set it in freezer to firm up while you make the next layer. 
Read below picture for next layer.



Filling:
1 cup Cashews (soaked for an hour for smoother texture)
juice of 2-4 Lemons (depending on your love for sour)
1 tbsp Natural Sweetener (agave, maple syrup, honey{non-Vegan}
1/2 scoop JP Vanilla Complete or 1" Vanilla Bean or 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (although I recommend Complete because it's full of amazing benefits and lean plant protein)
Add Water as blending to smooth consistency, should resemble ricotta cheese.
Optional: 2 drops of Lime Oil ( I use Young Living )

Pour into crust and spread evenly.
Set in freezer.
Keep following below for topping!!!!!



Topping: 
Note: ( I make this ahead of time, either the day before or just a few hours is fine, it just needs a little more than 30 minutes to gelatinize. )

4 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 cup blended strawberry puree (our any fruit you love)

Mix together and set in refrigerator to firm up (gelatinize). Then scoop out and spread evenly into pie.
Set in freezer to firm up and then top with your favorite fruit or raw chocolate drizzle, or both like me!!!
Drizzle recipe below!



Raw Chocolate Drizzle:

1tbsp carob powder or cacao
1 tbsp unrefined cold pressed virgin coconut oil
1/3-1/2 scoop JP Chocolate Complete (you could add more carob or chocolate sweet drops)
Add natural sweetener if needed. I use about 1 tbsp Local Pure Maple Syrup.
Stir until smooth. Drizzle on top. Or dip some strawberries in, let them firm up in freezer (takes only a few minutes). and top your cheesecake with those!!!!!

BEFORE SERVING TAKE OUT OF THE FREEZER FOR 30 MINUTES TO SOFTEN!

ENJOY! I'D LOVE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, AND ANY FEEDBACK!!!!! There will be a new recipe that is nut free coming soon!!!! So check back!









No comments:

Post a Comment